Friday, February 20, 2009

Muscles

There is one good result of being jobless and completely lonely: I have no excuses for not working out.
I started the ChaLEAN program from Beachbody.com. I am a coach for them now and am trying to practice what I preach. In a week, I've lost about 3 pounds and am already starting to see arm muscles (when I flex really hard and make a face in the mirror). The whole idea behind her program is to lift heavy weights or tightly flexed workout bands very slowly. I like it so much more than trying to lift an 8 pound hand weight 45 times while bouncing and dancing and singing and shouting, "Yeah! Woo!". These exercises are not for the faint of heart or out of shape; but if you don't have more than 30 pounds to lose, you can definitely do most of the exercises with slight modifications.
I am giving myself small goals to totally turn my body around. After the move, I let a lot of my eating habits and exercise routines fly out the window. If I can stick to this program hardcore for a month, I'll treat myself to a really awesome dinner out with my hubby (like the Melting Pot, or something else equally scrumptious and dipable). I took before pictures, and depending on how good I look after a month, I might post them. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yes! ChaLEAN is awesome. I need more cardio in my life. And Tony's KenpoX just doesn't do it for me. (don't tell Tony)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would NEVER tell Tony...ANYTHING....

    ReplyDelete