Thursday, March 4, 2010

Go With the Flow

End of the 7th week and the nausea and exhaustion are killing me. It’s like having the flu for weeks with absolutely no medication and no relief. Whoever said that pregnancy is beautiful was a dirty liar.
I was eating whatever tasted good, which was mostly fruit. And have I mentioned the constipation? If somebody’s going to tell you, it might as well be me. Never in my life have I experienced anything like this. And with all of the fruit I was eating, I couldn’t for the life of me understand how this poop was staying in there for DAYS. I read in one of my pregnancy books that constipation could be so bad that women might actually consider utilizing breathing and muscle control techniques that are used during labor. LABOR. For poop. There’s just nothing else to say about it.
Getting up to go to the ultrasounds was the only time I ever set my alarm anymore. And it was pretty worth it every time. But this time, I was a little bummed. We were eight weeks by this ultrasound and we were hoping to see some wiggles. The doctor said a lot of times they move around at eight weeks, and you know that when my baby didn't wiggle, I focused on that and only that for the next week. :) No, not really. I did try to go on with life as usual. However, I will add for all the nurses out there, it might be a good idea to NEVER joke that the baby is in a coma. That makes "life as usual" a little more stubborn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment